- Tennis Players start learning more offensive strokes such as: flat forehand, flat backhand, and hitting winners.
- Add racket hold to the beginning of the preparation for forehand in order to improve timing, control, and rotational power.
- Teach players how to use their legs in order to transfer their weight into the power of the stroke.
- Learn how to second serve with topspin.
- Redirect the ball when it comes cross court to down the line and vice versa.
- Be able to identify the other player’s position on the court during rallies.
- Begin developing second serve through topspin, slice, or kick serve.
- Learn how to play defensive shots such as running forehand/backhand
- Be able to recognize when the ball is short and move accordingly with speed.
- Able to return a fast pace first serve.
- Prepare for the next shot after the serve by returning to ready position.
Bayteam tennis academy in San Jose CA, The general objective for all students is to recognize that tennis is a game.
Tennis Player’s Information: Junior Development
The yellow ball is the last type of ball to reach, this ball has more pressure than any other ball, bouncing and traveling too fast for most kids under 11, requiring quick reactions and movement to get to the ball. These balls are also much heavier than the others, meaning the student must be capable of generating enough power to hit the ball to the other side of the court. Students should be accustomed to the full sized court 78 ft court and 27-inch rackets. Most of the students in this group are aged 11-17 years old.
The Test to move on to the next level – Bay Team Tennis Academy
In order to move on from Junior Development to High Performance, you will have to complete the test which will demonstrate the general objectives you should have completed in the course. For the test, you will get five attempts at having a rally of 30 or more shots using the yellow ball on a full sized court. The five attempts will be five different feeds from the instructor which will start the point, if the instructor hits the ball out it does not count against the student’s rally.
San Jose CA Bayteam tennis academy is hosting tennis lessons for kids. Children who have never played tennis before are also welcome.
The general objective for all students is to recognize that tennis is a game, and we play tennis for and with the love of the game. The objective of the game is not only to win, but to enjoy playing, and enjoy yourself, winning will come as a result of this. When you enjoy playing, you will organically learn better, play better, try harder, and the tennis coach will enjoy teaching you, while your parents enjoy watching you.
The tennis coach doesn’t expect the student to be able to learn tennis quickly however, they do expect to see you trying as hard to develop as a tennis player. Students will be committed to tennis not because they have to be, but because they themselves want to grow, have fun, and have ambition for the sport. It is important to have a positive attitude, even when you can’t win, in order to learn from the experience and bring it into your future experiences. Having a negative attitude will not lead to any form of benefit, it will only add factors such as stress, and doubt to your game.
What’s the best summer sport? Isn’t it tennis that can develop muscle exercise and quickness at the same time? Especially for children who have a boring time on vacation, tennis is a really good exercise for mental and physical training. The bayteam tennis academy is hosting tennis lessons for kids. Children who have never played tennis before are also welcome. Children’s tennis education can be successfully trained with the know-how of experienced teachers.